Sunday, May 2, 2010

A fishy experience

For many the thought of smoked salmon may conjure up thoughts of extravagance. But, for me it is a staple in our household.

Contrary to popular belief it can be a very versatile and inexpensive fish to have for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I buy it in 1kg or 500g lots as it keeps very well in the fridge and it is cheaper to buy that way. Don't buy the cheap Scandinavian stuff though, it is fatty and tasteless. Because I am in Australia I buy Tasmanian smoked salmon.

Yesterday I made a beautiful loaf of fresh bread for our lunch then used nice
thick slices
from the loaf smothered in herb butter to accompany our smoked salmon pasta. The recipes follow... I salivate as I write this.

0 comments:

Daily Dinner Ramblings & Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP