Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chilli Peanut Chicken Stir Fry

I just adore this dish. This is one that I have changed and developed over time from something I found on a recipe site years ago. I cannot even remember where.

What I love is I can be flexible with the ingredients, just you you can. I can also make it as hot or as mild as I like depending on my mood or who I am serving it to.

I don't give measurements for vegetables as I believe you can put as much as you like in. Remember to shred the vegetables so they cook nice and fast. This version is the one I cooked last night. Solicit some help (I use my husband as chop boy) and you can have this dinner on the table in 20 minutes from start to finish.

Remember all my recipes are for 2 people (usually with left overs).

Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast fillet finely sliced against the grain
1 tsp Chilli paste
1/4 cup peanuts crushed
Egg white
1 tsp sesame oil
1 large garlic clove finely shredded
Broccoli finely chopped
Broccoli stem finely sliced
Carrot finely shredded
Small bunch of very young spinach or silverbeet roughly shredded
400g fresh Hokkien noodles
1 tsp Lime juice
3 tbsp Peanut Oil
1/4 tsp sesame oil extra
Lime juice to serve

Method:
1. In a bowl add the chicken, chilli paste, peanuts, sesame oil and egg white. Mix well so the chicken is coated. Leave stand while the other ingredients are being prepared
2. In a jug add the noodles and pour hot water over to heat through
3. In a wok ad the peanut oil and extra sesame oil and heat until smoking
4. Turn heat down slightly and add chicken, stir fry quickly until just cooked. Take out with a slotted spoon and put back into bowl
5. Add the vegetables except the silverbeet/spinach and stir fry until barely looking like it is softening.
6. Drain the noodles and rinse under hot water. Tip into wok with vegetables
7. Pour lime juice in, add chicken and silverbeet/spinach . Mix well until all combined and the leaves have begun to wilt. This will take about 5 minutes as you will need to reheat the chicken.
8. Serve in bowls and squeeze a little more lime juice over.

Now just enjoy this vibrant dish!

0 comments:

Daily Dinner Ramblings & Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP