Thursday, May 6, 2010

Moroccan Spice

I love this very easy to mix Moroccan Spice. It is very versatile and great when you have to jazz up a meal in a hurry. I seal this in the smallest size zip lock bag you can get from your supermarket. You can store it in the fridge if you are using it up slowly. I love my mortar and pestle so I use that to grind it up. It is theraputic to use and the aroma's from the herbs makes me swoon.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon cumin seeds
1 tablespoon coriander seeds
1 tablespoon paprika
3 whole cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper

Method:

Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove skillet from heat; add cumin and coriander seeds. Toast, stirring often, 2 minutes or until spices are fragrant (do not brown). Cool.

Process seeds, paprika, and remaining ingredients in a spice mill or coffee grinder until finely ground.

0 comments:

Daily Dinner Ramblings & Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP