Sunday, May 9, 2010

Home Made Peanut Butter

I know some of you reading this will think I am crazy making my own peanut butter. But, you know it is nicer, fresher than the bought stuff and it is really easy to make. The stuff you buy in your supermarket is full of things like sugar and other fillers that you really do not need. My version doesn't have the shelf life but it is so easy to make who cares. I buy my roasted peanuts in bulk as it is cheaper.

I make a small jar of this then store it in the fridge. Here is what you do.

Ingredients:
250g dry roasted unsalted peanuts
Enough peanut oil to have a spreading consisitancy - this will vary and will be a feel thing
Salt to taste
Sterilised jar (about a 375g size jar is good for this)


Method:
1. Put all but about 50g of the peanuts into a food processor (I use the mini processor attachment for my stick blender) and blitz until well blended. Add oil as needed to get a smooth consistency.
2. Add salt to taste
3. Add the extra peanuts and blitz again leaving mini peanut chunks for crunchy
4. Spoon into sterilised jar

Note: Do not expect this to look as smooth as the bought stuff. But it tastes just as good (well I think better).

0 comments:

Daily Dinner Ramblings & Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP