Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vanilla Butter Cake - Simplicity

My husband loves to have cake for his morning tea so I find myself often having to rustle up a cake fast. If I am in the mood I often double the recipe and cut the cakes into halves and freeze them. I love my trusty freezer as it is always full of something that can be used at a moments notice.

This vanilla butter cake is a big favorite. I have changed it slightly from the original recipe in the Womans Weekly Cakes and Slices book from the 1980's.

I use a silicone loaf pan for this recipe - they are fast and easy to use and clean.

I will post a great little fast dessert recipe also using this cake. Yum.

Ingredients:
125g butter
1 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract (do not compromise it is really yukky)
3/4 cups of caster sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 self raising flour
3/4 cup milk

Heat oven to 180 degrees c


Method:
1. Using a mixer beat the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy
2. Add the eggs on low speed one at a time
3. Add the flour and milk
4. Mix until smooth
5. Pour into loaf pan and lightly smooth the top
6. Bake for about 40 minutes then using a skewer and check if cooked. If not then cook for another 5 minutes and recheck.
7. When cooked leave to cool slightly in pan before turning out onto a cooking rack.

0 comments:

Daily Dinner Ramblings & Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP