Monday, April 26, 2010

Trouble waking up...

It is a public holiday here today and I have slept in. Now I feel a little lethargic. I am hoping writing this will kick start me to another day of doing lots.

I don't really know why I am writing this blog other than I need to do something different. Working from home and spending many hours by myself I get a bit weird in my head so maybe writing this may touch somebody else. Well assuming somebody else is reading this.

Like most days I start with thinking about what to cook for dinner. The reason being is my day is so busy that if I don't start thinking now by the end of the day dinner will be a real chore. Of course thinking is one thing, deciding is another.

Anyway I have put a loaf of bread on to cook. 2 years ago I started making my own bread. Mainly because I wanted the challenge but the other because I suspected that the bread from a well known bread chain still had numbers in it that my husband was allergic to. (They claim no preservative bread but I checked they still use improvers).

This new bread making challenge was just that. I was working 6 days a week in my retail business at the time so I had to fit it in with my hours at home which was quite scant. Still for 12 months I made my own bread by hand.

I had always vowed that a bread maker was not a good idea. Well vows are made to be broken sometimes so when my sister offered me a second hand bread maker from her friend I thought I would give it a try. Well of course I was hooked. Big time. In fact I used the machine so much the bearings started to go very quickly. Well, it was a less robust model.

With a bee in my bonnet, so to speak I researched bread machines. I found that bread machines are not that trendy any more and the best brand was no longer available here in Australia. So, I advertised for a second hand one. Within 2 days I was contacted and I had an exciting new kitchen toy.

Of course my trusty bread machine gets a work out at least 3 days a week. Mostly for making doughs for bread rolls (they are the most cost effective) but like today for a small loaf of bread for our lunch. Yum.

Right that sorted now I am awake. Now I will have to ponder tonight's dinner.

0 comments:

Daily Dinner Ramblings & Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP