Monday, April 26, 2010

Topping the Pizza

Last nights pizza dinner was a ramshackle affair. It always is as I scramble through the fridge for bits and pieces I can use as topping.

I tend to cheat a lot when I cook so pizza is great because there are no rules.

The main thing is the tomato base. I never use tomato paste/puree. It is strong and over powering.

The key to a good base is either fresh or canned tomato pureed. If using canned tomatoes drain them a little 1st.

Last nights pizza consisted of:

Red and Green Capsicum
Onion
Mushroom
Danish Salami
Ham (not that diced stuff you often see at the deli counter get a piece or buy fresh sliced or shaved)
Mozzarella Cheese (well at least for mine, my husband doesn't eat cheese)
A sprinkle of dried Basil

Don't over top your pizza, there is nothing worse. Just a little bit of everything so the flavors melt in your mouth.

I have permanently in my oven Pizza stones. In an oven heated to at least 220 degrees c I slide the pizzas with their baking paper still underneath them onto the stone.

Cook for about 7 minutes just checking to make sure they are not burning.

0 comments:

Daily Dinner Ramblings & Recipes   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP